Originally posted on 06/06/2012:

If the US economy collapses the rest of the world is pretty much ******. Do you not remember 2008? Why do you think Europe is in such a crisis now, because the US economy went into recession because of the bank collapse and then couldn't afford their social programs anymore. What exactly do you think would happen if that happened in the US on a larger scale, there really wouldn't be anywhere in the world that wouldn't feel the massive effects of a US economic collapse, and frankly I'd rather be in the US when/if the global economy collapses than some third world shit hole with an unstable government and military.

Honestly, even China, why do you think China is growing so much right now? Who do you think they're manufacturing for? Its not just themselves. Maybe that won't be the case in 10-15 years, but for now the world is pretty reliant on US consumer spending(and oil consumption for that matter).

I can see the argument for Australia, Aussies have been growing from a lot of the China growth, which could be a good place to be, but not in the short term. Ask this question again in 5 years and you'll probably get a difference answer out of me.