From a Canadian perspective, we have similar issues so it is not perfect.

The key message that everybody in the FREE world should understand and acknowledge is that Prohibition does not work in a FREE world.

What strikes me about this piece is the irony and paradox there is.

Tell me if I am wrong.

Fox News is a generally very right-wing/Republican news-entertainment organization, correct?

Law enforcement officers are generally Republican leaning/voting groups, correct?

It is my understanding that the Republican party by enlarge supports Prohibition on Prostitution, Gambling, Drugs.

If the above is true in general terms, why do law enforcement and Fox News support the party that limits their freedoms?

A lot of the early parts of that show showed issues that are not black/white, there are shades of grey here.

It is my understanding (especially as it relates to grey areas noted in the show), Police have the ability to make judgement calls on who to arrest and how to interpret the "laws" that are in place. If Republican leaning police do not think that they should ban "free enterprise", why do the police choose to crackdown on these small businesses? What the show does not explore is why are they doing that, who tells them to enforce this?

Lastly, specifically about the grocery/farm/taxi issues. Again a paradox as I see it. On one hand you have people who want to have freedom of enterprise and choice, unbridled. That in of itself is hard to argue with and most people I feel would generally agree with this. I think the issues and the laws come in place because it is a bigger society issue. The reasons for the laws preventing these start ups from operating without controls is to protect the public at large. Food sellers need to have some safety and cleanliness standards. If they do not, then when someone gets sick/injured/taken advantage of, lawsuits start happening.

That in my opinion is the paradox, the laws are there so that essentially people are protected from either being sued or having a reason to be sued....

Again it is really hard to boil down that (very good) show but I guess I would go to my original point, Prohibition is generally a very bad thing for a FREE society.

That said, in order to allow the lack of Prohibition on the "vices", there should be controls in place to keep the society safe (vendors and consumers). That should be the roll of a government in a FREE society in my humble opinion.

Cheers and peace all!