Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
Now thatthe Lakers are fianlly done I am sure every talking head getting p[aid to spew their nonsense wil come out and say the things I said back in November about this team....they just arent that good. All year long people were saying how good this team was and how they werent playing up to potential and the usual bullshit that these no nothings talk about during the season trying to explain why a team they over rate isnt performing well.

So now that they get embarrassed once again and totally blown out in an elimination game people will be looking to figure out what is 'wrong' witht he Lakers. Which they will conclude are the same things I said in November.

While they did out perform my expectations and make the play offs they werent even as 'good' as I thought they would be. Which basically means other teams I thought would finish ahead of them did worse thatn I thought they would.

So Lakers are in a worse position (again) than if they had tanked and gotten a lottery pick. Although since they continually trade those picks to get more garbage players I guess it is a moot point anyway.

So you look at the current Lakers and wonder how do you 'fix' them. Obvious talk will be about Pau getting traded they tried to once and it fell through and no one was willing to opver pay for him. Now he is around 18 mil cheaper so he can now be traded, but who do you tarde him for? He is still better than most, he just suffers from situational issues, as in Kobe being a ball hop and then when they lose blaming these guys for not being 'aggressive' which is hard to do when they dont touch the ball in the 3rd or 4th quarters if lakers are behind because Kobe is trying single handedly to get the lakers back in it.

Bynum, total head case, but again that could be a situational thing as well. guy can be dominant if he is used correctly, which there were moments this year, but once again any game plan that involves him gets thrown out the window when kobe starts hogging the ball or trying to be the man. He miraculously stayed healthy this year which is a ig upswing especially if they are looking to trade him also.

Session, clearly what everyone thought he was...garbage. Guy has moments, but he is a professional player he should have a moment now and again, cant play defense for shit and is very limited on the offensive end. Lakers traded Kapono and Walton for him so it is a wash I guess. Getting rid of Waltons salary was the best thing Lakers did this year.

Eyenga, throw in player with Session to make salaries work, total non factor. inactive for the whole time they had him just about.

Jordan Hill, Lakers traded their first round pick and Derek Fisher for him. He gave them plenty of minutes and actually played pretty well, but they overpaid for him. He is young and they probably try and keep him a decent utility player, but he isnt lamar Odom (when Odom is right in the head) which is ultimately why they got him, to replace that diversity.

Blake, garbage always has been always will be ANY guy can shoot the 3 when their open so he is as replaceable as the next white guy from the MAC to come out.

Matt Barnes, one of the few players worth his salary but he got totally lost as the OKC series went, he didnt even play last night. Just another example of why Mike Brown is a bad coach. But if Lakers are looing for scapegoats he is a good guy because people will want to trade for him.

Josh Mcroberts, totally MIA the last half of the year when they got those trades from Cleveland, I expect him to be gone as well. He was not good and not sure what they can get for him.

Troy Murphy, same as Mcroberts except he is 6 years older, both just 2 big nonathletic white guys made to fill and clog the lane, which for the lakers is overkill. Lakers got them because they were cheap and no one else wanted to come to LA.

Rest of the roster is 1 and 2 year players which never got to play after the first month of the season. Some may be gone who knows and who cars, but rest assured if the Lakers trade them they will flourish somewhere else.

Common denominator? Kobe. I am interested to see how many of these so called experts come up with the most logical suggestion...trade Kobe and rebuild with what you have. This team played well against a pretty decent schedule when Kobe skipped those 5 or 6 games to rest up. Give them a full season without his shit and they might actually gel into a 'surprise' team. They will be as good as this team this tear was, so at least it isnt a step backwards. if they keep kobe and start trading guys for worse guy they will take a step back. if they trade kobe and get a diamond in the rough they might be better. probably not good enough to be a contender but still good enough to not get embarrassed in the play offs like they have.

Let Bynum be the man for a year, then with no kobe someone might want to come play in LA with a 'dominant' big man. As long as bynum grows up alittle and shows he isnt a total douche. Lakers have a severe image problem with players around the league. Kobe is a ballhogging dick, Bynum is a childish douchebag, Pau is a lazy euro, Artest is Artest, and the rest of the team sucks. Players arent going to want to play on a team with those sorts of labels.

I love it because I like seeing the Lakers flounder after so many years of favoritism. And it is easy to point out these obvious things because they will never happen. Kobe will die a laker and as he crashes and burns he will be taking this organization down with him. So that will be fun to watch. had Phil Jackson not come back this would have all started 3 more years ago, but phil came in and game them a boost which in the sort term probably helped but long term may end up being worse for this team.
So basically...........you were wrong on your prediction about the Lakers being a lottery team and you were wrong in your prediction about specific teams finishing ahead of the Lakers.
Wrong + wrong = you don't know fukkin shit asswipe.