katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone ever dealt with a loan shark ? : Nominated Post

This thread made me wax nostalgic. I used to do a lot of my own collecting. There is nothing worse than a weasel no paying scumbag, but i digress.... First time I was learning the business I was sent out with a "veteran" and we showed up at the back of this brick building at 4:55 p.m. on a friday. (Picture in your mind Stone Cold Steve Austin with an additional 50 lbs and it will help with the visualization) I said to Big John, "what are we doing in this parking lot?" He says, "The dude works inside and slips out the back on pay day. He cashed his check at lunch and we'll surprise him when he heads to his car."

Sure enuff the guy slips out the back door and makes a beeline for his car. John rolls out and gets between the guy and his Supra. Predictably, the guy starts with "man, I was just gonna call you--you saved me the dime!!" John, doesnt even give they guy any small talk etc just says "Open your wallet!"

The guy starts out a little macho and says "Come on man, I am not just gonna open my wallet for you like that!!" Now my adrenaline is pumping and I am not even supposed to get involved--just an observer. John, calm as can be, says in a low voice "look, it's like this, you owe 2k and you have missed 2 payments. If you hand me the wallet I will take it all minus $50 OR i will take it off your body after i have beat your ass senseless and leave you nothing! It's your choice, bro! makes no difference to me I get paid the same. Just business"

Now the guy hesitates and you can see him swallowing hard and thinking--was probably 5 seconds but it seemed like 5 minutes of pause--he reaches in his pants and hands over the wallet. As promised, John left him $50 took abt 400 i think it was and politely handed the wallet back to him. Says, "Thanks, will see ya next week since i can't depend on you anymore to find me!'

Now i figure thats that and we are leaving, but the deadbeat says to him "John, would you really have beat me down and taken the wallet?" John starts laughing out loud (and I am not sure this guy ever laughed much) finally stops laughing and says "Come on man, be real for once in your sorry life, if you want to know the answer to that question. Find out next friday!!"

And off we went to the next appointment. I learned more abt 'business" in that week following John around than I did in all my years in college or since. Ok, back to the grind.

Jthill215
    Jthill215's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Loan sharks in NYC?

Do you know of any sharks in NYC? if you do please let me know and I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!