Originally posted on 05/01/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post

What makes it any less of a resource now? Because the threads aren't on page one anymore?

I don't know if I haven't said this directly enough or emphatically enough (even though I feel like I've said it 27 times in this thread), but there is only so much that people are willing to share. There is a ceiling for any type of public forum like this. The rest needs to be done on your own.

You can only guide a horse to water. Teaching them to drink all of yours is suicide.
I get that. And I know it can get boring having the same questions come up over and again if you are a regular. But simply because a newbie hasn't searched, or searched hard enough, or maybe simply wants to engage people over their personal situation or ideas is no reason to pour sarcasm and scorn all over them.

Not everyone has a statistics qualification or is even interested in modelling, yet they still have 'lower level' questions that only really fit in here. This was my favorite section upon arrival at SBR, and was VERY helpful to me, but it feels like there is an organized effort to drive away any non regular who dares ask a question these days. Or the thread just turns into a dick swinging competition between the regulars.

Maybe you are too close to the forest to see these trees.