Originally posted on 04/29/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
Derail it? LOL. I highly doubt I carry that much weight. I'm just pointing out simple realisms. Some of you like to dream apparently.
It does not require weight, or even much smarts, to derail a thread. Just trolling it like you do in virtually every single think tank thread.

And yes, a lot of us gamblers do like to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
The funny thing is that all of you keep responding to me rather than starting an actual discussion about these papers. What are you waiting for? Someone who actually knows what they're talking about? That's what I thought. Don't prove me right or anything.
I'm sure it is funny for you. All trolls seem to take a perverse pleasure in destroying threads.

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
Opti, truly, no one is going to share their knowledge in here. Notice how no one's saying anything and they're just trying to nail MF? MF knows how I feel about his posts here at this point... he's provided so much valuable stuff that he's coasting now. He just gets frustrated with dinky donk stuff. I get that. Yet he pisses me off as a Mod because he pisses others off. He gets that too.

And I also get how some of us try to figure this stuff out from Apr 30/11. However everyone - including Justin7 - will agree that there are certain basics we need to learn about stats, etc that we won't find from papers if we want to truly step up our sports betting. And then when we learn that, we'll realise that the linesmakers have already figured that into every line we see. That was MF's point - although he was cranky about it. The stuff that might still be useful, we can't find in papers now. Everyone has read them. Just like everyone reads every forum. When you figure something out... or at least want to try... you sshhhhhhhhhhhh.
We have been here around the same length of time Shari (I think?) and although you probably read this section a lot more than me these days, I'm pretty sure MonkeyF and his ilk have been repeating this same mantra ad-nauseam for years, and have upped the intensity to the point the Think Tank is a horrible and useless section to the vast majority of us in the last 12 months.

And if that was MFs point, is he too illiterate or socially awkward to be able to express it within a dozen or so obnoxious posts?! You seem to think he he is switched on, but I doubt he is even above average smart Shari. No one who is feels the need to stamp out any "competition" this hard. He fears competition because he knows he does not have the talent to compete without an advantage of some sort. A very sad type of individual really.

No one here has asked a soul to give away secrets or even spoon feed them.

Everyone in this thread knows that no-one who has it all worked out will be dropping in to give them the master plan to follow.

Why repeat those complaints multiple times in so many threads? To troll is obviously the main reason. Or do you really disagree?!

The OP tried to have a discussion amongst those that are yet to learn it all. How in hell is that such a terrible thing that it needs MF, with your support, to derail it?

Let the rest of us dumbies work it out together. Maybe even have a laugh at the sillyness, but why try soooo hard soooo often to prevent it?

The Think Tank used to be here to help people learn how to become sharp. Ganchrow spent all day giving sensible answers to 'dumb' questions. A couple of weeks reading old posts and then asking a few questions of Ganch set me up to start playing smart. I had no idea of basic concepts back then, but if I turned up to SBR today I'd be made to feel like a pariah for daring to even ask for help in here!

I don't care about the papers or this thread personally, my reaction comes from hitting the umpteeth TT thread in a row only to see this prize dickhead trolling it.

What a waste of a great resource this section has become.