Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
LOL I am not wrong. If they make a 6 seed I will say that. Maybe even if they get a 7 seed and have a guy injured.

All these bandwagon homers on the Lakers jock because theyre 10-5. LMAO. Once theyre hovering around .500 theyll all disappear. But you can be sure if Lakers back their way in theyll be front and center.

I am not one to bump threads but come Spring I will be sure to have all these on the front page when the lakers are sitting at 33-33 or worse.

If they make a 6 seed I will just start a 'congratulations' thread, and predict they get knocked off by the Clippers who should be the 3 seed, although Clips might be number 2 if Paul doesnt miss too many games and they don t have any major injuries. That is perfect storm for Laker lovers as they get the first round and every game at Staples. Still wont matter though.

To put it in perspective what would the Bulls record be if they had played 11 games at home? Theyre 12-3 as it is. We all saw what happened to Portland (who is a better team than the Lakers) when they had to go play teams on the road. Same as with Miami who is also way better than the Lakers.

People getting hard over this is funny. It will just make the collapse that much sweeter as Lakers dip to where they belong.

My original prediction was 30-33 wins for them. I still say that is fair. I just broke it down with their new record and still got at best 35 wins. Which are the two wins I didnt give them credit for. So I am very consistent with what I said 5 or 6 weeks ago.

They only time I said they would have less than 25 wins was if Kobe took time off. He didnt, therefore it is moot at this point. But if he goes down at any point during the season then that is what I still predict them to be. Maybe even less than that after watching a few games now.

As is right now at this very moment with no injuries (that matter), no trades and playing with what they have now Lakers are a 30-33 win team. So to do that they would have to go 20/23- 31/28 Which when you look at their schedule isnt out of the realm of possibility.

Opened -2.5 and have gone to -5.5 at Golden State. Tomorrow at LA they opened +4.

IMO GS is a better team than the Lakers right now, played Clippers tooth and nail until Paul took over in the last couple minutes and made it look like a blow out.

I said they would go 24-42 if Kobe took time off for that injury. I said if they stayed relatively healthy (going by what we knew at the time I said it, and Kobe DID have a bad worst then) they would be around 30-36 if he kept playing. I think I said they best they could hope to do was 34-32. 24-42 is still not out of the realm of possibility if guys get hurt, and especially if Kobe taking the needled 3 times a day stops helping. Guy takes a needle before shoot around, right before tip and at half time. That just shows how dumb he is. But I imagine if they dont get above 500 or feel the west slipping away he will shut it down, probably too late. So basically he is killing his future and hoping they at best eeek into the play offs. Shows how smart he really is I guess.

why is that obvious? because theyre 4-3? They might lose 9 of their next 14 games in all reality....

@ Portland L
H GS 50/50 call it a W
H Memphis W
H Pho W
@ Utah 50/50 L
H Cle W
Clippers L
H Dallas L
@ Miami Blow out L
@ Orl L
H Pacer L
Clippers L
@ Mil Should be a W
@ Min L
H Bobcats W

Thats their Jam Schedule. They could conceivably go 4-10 there, more than likely 5-9. Best they can dream of is 7-7, which I just cant see happening, other teams are gelling and Lakers are actually playing well as a team which in the shortened season with no training camp has been to their advantage. I dont see them gelling much better, nor do I see much room for improvement, unless Kobe geta new right arm.

Hell I wouldnt make book that they can beat both Pho and memphis at home either as those teams are both on the improve, but if they cant beat those teams at home right now then they obviously arent that great. Theyre lucky GS is a little banged up too or that could have been a loss as well.

All those little "H's" are thier savior and have been so far also. Theyre barely scraping by these marignal teams at home and have yet to have any sort of significant road trips. Once the away games start to pile up you will see a lot of "L's" start coming as well.

When Laker fans are looking at a 4-3 record with 5 of those games being at home and some of those games miracle wins to boot you can tell theyre really desperate for something to find positive about this team. Sure I will say Lakers are playing OK, better than I thought, But that just means their room for improvement is probably non existent. it also means their margin of error is razor thin compared to other teams who have already played a few games on the road and gotten wins or have a more balanced schedule than the lakers.

Seriously go look at the Month of April and tell me how LA is going to do. They have Spurs 3 times 2 of those on the road. They have 14 total games 10 or 12 against clear play off teams, and a few of those on the road. OKC at home or on the moon will probably be aloss unless OKC rests guys which probably wont be an option in the short season, SA 3 times 0-3 not outrageous 1-2 is probably best they can dream of. The only real 'gimme' game is NJ at home, other than that a lot of those games are tough if not impossible for LA to win. Talk about having a back end schedule that is tough. So keep aptting yourself on the back with all these home games and a 500 record when they actually get into a tough schedule you better hope theyre 10 games above 500 just to stay at 500.