Quote Originally Posted by H1Cypher View Post
Have not looked in depth in MLB just getting my feet wet very slowly. Have found not 1 person worth tailing because of the capacity/quantity of picks everyone releases on this forum. 3+ picks a day, not gonna tail especially on a sport where I dunno if I'm being led into dark waters or not.

I notice with LTA you pretty much gotta catch every single pick. He is definitely a grinder; which is what it takes to make it in this game of sports gambling. If he is hot of course you can hop on for the ride, but you can do that with any capper during a hot streak(during my hot streaks you can take my picks and pull one out of a hat and you'll have a better than 3 in 4 chance of randomly picking a winner). If you don't have the time to check frequently for new plays I would not tail non-paid touts. That is just my personal opinion hope it helps you out and youstart doing better =).

Also, maybe look for a new book for baseball. Alot of times I see a baseball line and I go to 5dimes it usually is more juiced at dimes. Like I said just wetting my feet real slow but it looks like 5dimes has shitty odds on baseball
I am saying this in a nice way, but that post was very ignorant in parts. It sounds like you are a novice baseball investor, but you are giving advice about the proper way to invest therein. Why should one novice listen to your recommendations when you yourself admit you are new to baseball?

In baseball, you have ten to 15 games to choose from everyday. You need to play every game where you have an edge. Some days I have 5 plays and other days just one or none (e.g. yesterday I had two plays while a few days before I had seven). It all depends on the value of each play. If you are saying that one play a day is the best way to make money in baseball, then you are sorely mistaken and I would be happy to discuss further. However, it all comes down to calculating your expected value. If you don't maximize your edge, you are leaving profit on the table.

What is a non-paid tout? Please explain that term. While I agree that people should not tail anyone and should instead make their own plays, the fact of the matter is that people are going tail others because they don't have the skill, time or desire to make their own plays. Are you seriously recommending that people follow the lying, cheating scum of the earth touts instead of some of the guys who track their plays here for free? That is utter ridiculousness if that is the case. I do agree, however, that you cant cherry pick plays and if you are going to properly tail someone you should try to get all their plays. That does make tailing difficult and exactly why I recommend that people use my threads as a tool for learning how to make their own plays as opposed to just blindly tailing. In my year on SBR, I cant tell how many people have told me I helped them do just that which is my ultimate goal and why I try to help.

Finally, you really expose yourself as uneducated about baseball investing when you state that 5d is a bad baseball book. 5d has 5 cent lines overnight, but otherwise sticks to dime lines while most other books are 20 cent lines. 5d is clearly and factually one of the best baseball books out there. I don't even play offshore, but if I were going to put my money anywhere, I would put it at 5d for the reduced juice. With all that said, you do need multiple options. I always recommend one sharp book such as 5d or Pinny and one book more like Legends, Blowdog or another square book where you can get good value on totals after the sharp books take a position.

All in all, you need to be careful about giving advice on baseball investing when you yourself are a novice to this market. If people want to learn, they should read this thread from the start because both myself and others contributed a wealth of baseball investing information in here last year throughout the season and its all documented in here along with my 1,100+ plays from last season that hit at 54% with total profit exceeding +40x.

Good luck buddy.