Originally posted on 03/19/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by dsk0057 View Post
Very well done. How in the world did you bet on Federer to win 1st set 7-6, and got that right? I am stunned!!!
Please try to post your parlays more often if possible. Thanks.
I hit those 7-6 or over 12.5 games in a set quite a lot actually, it's all about picking your spots with those though. Like for instance today it was the final of Indian Wells, I figured both Fed & Isner possess strong serves with Daddy long legs able to send down bullets and Fed having the highest % of holding serve on the tour, so you'd think breaks would be hard to come by , I thought with the first set they would concentrate more on holding their own serve first rather than pushing harder on return, especially Isner as we all know when he's serving well he's virtually unbreakable, (although only 4 aces) and while he's usually pretty clutch in tie-breaks because of his huge serve, I just figured with it being his first Masters series 1000 final in front of a home crowd against a guy like Fed who is a crowd fave everywhere & was going for a record tying 19th Masters title and 73rd overall, & your also talking about a guy thats claimed his 6th title since the US Open & is 39-2 in the process, he's definitely in form better than he's shown in the past & not too far from his best so I counted on him to take it and I just thought the occasion would get to the American so I lent on Fed to get the mental edge and sniff out the breaker and he did.
7-6 / $.500 you can tell by the price that the bookies are showing their hand with a TB in a similar h2h price usual odds being above $7/8.00

In the 2nd parlay I hit that leg for $3.50 because I knew after Fed took the first set in the tie-break that it would dent Isner's confidence and Fed would be able to sneak a break in the 2nd set somewhere for it to either end 6-3 or 6-4, so the market was 21-23 games so you've got 13 (7-6) games for the first set TB & 9 (6-3) or 10 (6-4) for the 2nd set for Fed which would land it within that 21-23 games range. If you pick your spots with these you can make a killing, of course it's very hard to do but if you try the same strategy and conjure up a couple here and there according to your own knowledge and homework you'll soon find out the number of 0's in your bankroll doesn't have be small and can be increased if you have a bit of dedication and who knows if you keep at it - even 00000 is attainable.

No mixed messages here though, I was able to hedge a parlay for 18k profit in the Australian Open posted in the tennis forum back in January & made a killing with different ones all week, so with the success I had over that month & it being a great start to the year it's given me a bit of a cushion to try more of these since then & certainly more than the standard bettor would but they'd be surprised how often they come off. Which is why I don't post every single one in here as it takes me enough time capping and I'm always procrastinating which is why you'll see almost half the time I'm getting in my posted plays within an hour from the start not giving much time to tail. Regardless of that I'll try to keep it mostly soccer in here, with some of those others thrown in every now and then.
In saying that, soccer & tennis are the 2 most profitable sports (IMO), for me anyway.