Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
Shari, people have been attacking poster's and anti-Semitic remarks from the beginning. Attack the post not the poster.
I was thinking of going back to edit my post after I submitted it because I realised I wasn't as specific as I should've been... but honestly I just got distracted. But yes, what I said applies to everything. Racism, slams about religion, sexual orientation, etc. All of that is moderated. That being said though, if someone reports a post and a staff member goes to check a thread or both posters' history only to find them constantly going at each other, it's not like one will be deemed the bad guy. If something offends someone, they need to report it - not respond. If someone abuses the reporting function with silly stuff - and those I'm talking about know who they are - they won't have that option to do so any longer.

I've posted things on SBR in my heyday 2yrs ago that I'd never say to even a random telemarketer yet I said it to posters on here that I 'see' every day. I'm not proud of that, even to this day. I just don't think - as a poster, not as a staff member - that we should go below the belt. That makes us no better than a caged animal being poked by a stick. For those of us who have shared details of our lives, you included, it's easy to try to find hot buttons whether it's a child, religion, race, etc. A bigger person recognises them, is tempted for that split second because they're only human and then files it away under "I'm classier than that" without saying a word.