Originally posted on 03/02/2012:

Well, Thad has repeatedly said in numerous posts that he only breaks even in the book, so from that stand point it is pretty interesting why he still runs the book, but I appreciate that he does.

Given what happened last fall, seems like everyone that is posting in the book, or nearly everyone, self grades their wagers now and so has a pretty good idea of the balance, and seems to me that Thad is posting withdrawals in a timely fashion. And this is particularly nice, because it seems as though Thad may either be less interested in SBR, or I would guess more likely that he is busier than he used to be and doesn't have as much free time to be on the site.

Not sure SBR is out to get Thad. Thad from time to time can be outspoken in comments about SBR that can be construed as constructive criticism to complaints, but you also see posts from Thad where he is complimentary of things SBR has done, offers, promotions, and such.

So, a couple of things, in my opinion, no one should have their entire balance in Thad's book. There is an amount that you have to feel comfortable with, it maybe a few hundred, maybe several thousand, you have in Thad's book get the good lines from 5D, and get to make lots of wagers that SBR does not offer, quarters, halves, etc. So you have some of your points bankroll in Thad's book to take the edge that he provides, and some of the points in your wallet and SBR book. Bet some in the SBR book, lines may not be as good, but immediate access to your points after the game to play poker, enter a contest, make a purchase, transfer to someone else, etc.

Two things I watch for if SBR decided to offer all betting options of bookmaker (or whatever site they use if not BM) that might be an indication of the end of Thad's book. And, something that I believe is remote without substantial advance, but if you see Thad spend 40K or 50K in the store, if he did this without notice, (and I said, I can't imagine it would happen) I would reduce my exposure in the book.