since others have been promoting charities they would like sbr to have, i would highly recommend children tumors foundation.
"The Children’s Tumor Foundation (CTF) is the leading non-governmental funder of research into Neurofibromatosis (NF). The mission of CTF is to find a cure to NF through support of research. Neurofibromatosis is the term for three distinct genetic disorders: Neurofibromatosis 1, Neurofibromatosis 2 and Schwannomatosis. NF affects all races, ethnic groups and both sexes equally."

it is something that i have been personally affected by and affects every 1/2500 births, and is a genetic disease that can be passed on.
" is a genetically-inherited disorder in which the nerve tissue grows tumors (neurofibromas) that may be benign or may cause serious damage by compressing nerves and other tissues."

although 99.9 percent of the time these tumors are not cancerous, unfornatley i was not so lucky.. it lead to my cancer diagnosis in 2005, MPNST or commonly known as NF-Sarcoma (same cancer as the guy from 50/50) Mine was very aggressive and needed a 28 hour operation to save my life. It has since affected my life tremendously, actually going in for my 5th spinal surgery in may some time.

not only does this charity sponsor research, it also holds camps for kids with NF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childre...mor_Foundation