Quote Originally Posted by airattackers View Post
@ waterstpub87...do you have any specific methods or strategies that you use..
Sure, I try to focus only on statistics that are relevant. Say ATS coverage (team x is 7-1 against the spread), I've never found that to be a relevant statistic. All it says to me is that the team was undervalued by the public in the past. It tells me nothing meaningful about the absolute strength of the team. In addition, try to understand points per game as a function of their offensive performance against the defense they've played. If team X in football has played the worst 5 teams in football defensively, then this number is too high if they are facing the Baltimore ravens next weekend. In addition, specifically with the NFL, look for how long ago the matchup statistics are from. You would routinely see that various teams had won the last four matchups, but those games were once every four years for the last 16. This tells me absolutely nothing about today's team.

Try to figure out which sport you are the best at, right now choices would be hockey,nba,ncaab and other things like soccer. I only bet NBA right now. I know nothing about college basketball, or hockey, so I don't bet those. It allows me to focus in on 30 teams, understand their performance, and then apply this knowledge towards my handcapping.

One thing that also really helps is to handicap before you even looking at the line. I have a projected score before I look at the spread. I apply the spread against my model, and if it is off a certain number of points, then I bet it. I don't bet games that I don't have an edge on, and thus far it has worked out for me.

Others may disagree, but this is what I have found works the best for me. I don't bet a ton of games, and I stick to a system. I haven't had to make a deposit since august, so its worked thus far.

Good Luck and Stay Strong