I agree about EZ, funny you mention. I talked with an industry guy today and he said the principle was so upset with how things were dealt with last year (Corey... Powers) he basically canned core upper management and has big plans to bring in a solid veteran with an impeccable reputation to set them back on course. The Corey thing had gotten out of control over quote unquote the principle of dealing with a known scammer. Also, they had gotten just plain bad advice on how to handle the situation and regrets how bad it went. I actually believe this and have heard and seen how they have set a very high customer service and payout standard and stuck to it since the incident. You know, if this person publicly admitted a mistake was made based on unsound advice, these guys rely heavily on advice believe it or not, and a genuine olive branch of humility was put out I would consider the issue done and look at the track record since as being solid. The oliove branch I am thinking is like $10k to a charity... I have serious issues with it being paid to Corey with all the negative issues surrounding that guy, lets just call it karma and some needy and deserving people getting 10k instead suits me fine.