Originally posted on 02/01/2012:

This is ridiculous. I work for a State Agency that sends me to hospitals on contracts. Because of the fact that I am contracted, I usually don't have to closely adhere to hospital dress codes.

That said, I have been warned numerous times because of my forearm tattoos. I have always listened and wore jackets or sleeves when at the hospitals, just to keep the peace. My employer doesn't care, but when I'm at the hospital, I go by their rules.

Well today I got caught sleeveless, and it bothered some of the nurses (who all have tattoos so you can see why they're being bitchy). I get called in for my final warning, and the administrator sees my SBR black collared golf shirt that I was wearing.

He says " we were gonna warn you but that shirt is also a violation. No clothes with advertising is allowed."

Now I get sent home for a day to review the policies, and sign a paper saying I used the day to read and understand it.

Its a paid day too. What a bunch of bafoons. Paying me to stay home as punishment.