Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
Why is it so hard for you to believe it? Didn't God help David Slew Goliath? Didn't God help Moses and the Israelites get out of Egypt? Didn't God give Sampson the strength to slew 1000 Philistine's??

What's so sad is the lack of belief in God by many Americans today. Why wouldn't 100% of Americans believe? This country was founded and built by the belief in God and specifically Christianity. The society has forgotten it's roots/foundation. Atheist aren't true Americans.
There's so many ways to respond to your post that I don't even know where to begin. But I'll keep it short because I have waaay too much capping to do today!

First off, if you believe that David/Goliath/Moses/Sampson, etc. were real people and not characters in stories, I don't think we're even on the same planet to have a discussion, but whatever...

Secondly, you really believe there's an omnipotent God who favors a certain team or player in a football game?? Seriously?? What about all the hard-working, moral people on the other team who've given their heart and soul to be victorious?? They just weren't strong enough believers, so they get screwed? How myopic does your point-of-view have to be to think this?!

I just wish believers could see how convenient it is to wrap all of life up neatly in a bow by assuming there's one all-powerful God and saying "Do things this way, according to these rules, and then everything will be okay and you get to go to heaven for all eternity." You can't see how maybe this is a convenient way to look at life, a way to deal with your own mortality and with the randomness of life? Please take a step back and try and think rationally. The universe is filled with wonders already, bro, don't you want to try and understand them, appreciate them?

As for morals and ethics, do you really need these to be handed to you? You know very well what is moral and what is immoral; just be a good person, this is a natural instinct. It's innate in you to be good to others -- this isn't God-given, it's genetic, so your race has the best chance to live on.

Hey, whatever gets you through the day. But I wish people would try and look beyond what they were indoctrinated with as a child and SEE the world around them and try to understand it better, rather than fitting everything that happens neatly into a "God's will" package.