Originally posted on 10/24/2011:

Quote Originally Posted by Coming Back! View Post
Sounds good, but I'm fuked my bro. Need to take the rest of my life off
Its a really tough loss, you lost a shit ton of money, but hopefully you learned an important lesson too.

You cant keep going all in or betting bigger then you can afford to. Yes, you can hit once or twice. Hell, you can even have a sick month or two. But eventually, if you are betting that high of a % of your roll, there is literally a 100% chance that you will lose. Everyone goes through losing streaks. Even the best cappers in the world have bad months. If you keep betting such high amounts that are pretty much your entire roll, you WILL lose it.

I have been in your shoes. I used to bet decent amounts, do well, think that im the shit, and then have all-ins and huge bets to try to double up real quick. and when i lost, i figured, shit, gotta get it back asap. and all of a sudden you are buried. And then i realized, shit, the ONLY reason im down is units. im hitting a great %, but losing literally all my big plays.

I know this loss will sting, and you might have to take some time off, but come back and use units next time. Personally for me, i flat bet 1 unit on everything. no matter how much i like it. you'd be surprised at the results. yes, you wont make as much money as an all in win, but you sure as hell wont have nights like today either. And id rather win a little/lose a little at a time then have to deal with losing the entire bank roll in a day, wouldnt you?

Anyways, hopefully you realize that its only money and there are much more important things. and next time, hopefully you have a lot better money management, cause that really is the biggest difference by far between a degen loser and a succesful gambler. good luck bro