LMAO I love how I make one post in here, well 2 but only one relating to the tangeant the thread took and I am a candiate for a mod job in some people's estimation.

Jim you know I never took any mod jobs offered to me. I helped a guy out once about 10 years ago and let him call a board on his site the wantitall4moi board and I threw some stuff there. But that was it. I still posted at other places and I didnt take any money. Nor would I. I was offered jobs by at least half a dozen places and a dozen agents/interested parties within those sites to be a paid poster and or mod at them.

Moderators are basically babysitters and yes men. If they say anything that doesnt tow he company line they get fired or bashed or both. Other than that they simply look at posts and posters and put them in a time out or make them stand in a corner. The whole idea that forum moderators have some special powers or insight is a joke. I think it mostly got started by Shrink at the RX wehen he made up stories about the yes men he had on his payroll and people believed they actually mattered. Then when the RX got sold these guys convinced the new people they realy mattered, and their fariy tale grew and grew.

Sure they know people at books and I am sure they might even know about advertising deals or prices, but if they think that makes them relevant theyre deluded. Especially these days when there isnt enough money in these places advertising on forums to even matter. I could go shake more money out of my couch cushions that forums can charge for advertising these days.

What happened to Jim probably wouldnt happen today. But back then the money was there. Hell Shrink was charging mid 5 figures on the RX for advertising space, he also got screwed out of over 60K just on advertising fees because he was doing some shady stuff at one book. That wouldnt happen these days either.

All these johnny come latelies who like to think they have some offshore juice are clueless. The REAL money is long long long gone. Now it is just a one trick pony with a couple broken legs.