I've had Badger basketball tickets for something like 10 years now, and (though I don't go to every game), I honestly think I can count the number of home losses I've been present for on one hand. Our home court advantage is that good. This year, we've already had two--Marquette earlier in the year and just recently, Iowa--both with spreads fairly similar to today's game. The common link? No band and a weak student section. For both of those previous losses this year, the band was traveling for a bigger-hyped football game. That will be the case today, as the band won't yet be back from Cali after yesterday's tough Rose Bowl loss. If you haven't been to or watched a lot of Badger games over the years, I can't overestimate the energy and boost in psyche that erupts in the Kohl Center during a big run, especially in the 2nd half, especially against teams where their are at least some opposing fans present (there were quite a few for Marquette, and Iowa and Michigan State both travel fairly well). *The difference between how the crowd reacts (Do they keep up the noise or do they deflate?) after a situation such as the opposing team converting right after an initial crowd/bench eruption on a huge Taylor 3 with four minutes remaining... It really can mean the game.*

I really am largely a stats guy myself, but you absolutely can't overestimate the power of streaks, runs, momentum, motivation, etc. in sports, especially in college sports...and Wisconsin basketball is arguably the best example I can think of.

So, just a heads up from a home fan's perspective--about as much "inside info" as I think you can really get on highly-wagered sports these days. I'm not even saying take Michigan State here; I do think Wisconsin is a notably better team. I would just be VERY hesitant betting the Badgers in this spot.

Best of luck to everyone today!