Started off slow with the bowls....Utah State about killed me but now on a 6-1 run since taking Baylor 2nd half. Here we go...crunched a $hitload of numbers for these!

Nebraska/South Carolina Over 45.5

This is not your grandpa's Nebraska defense. They went 6-3 vs the 9 bowl teams on their schedule....scoring 27 and giving up 24.9. Here's where it gets good...when you take away those opponents with more of a stationary QB (Iowa, Michigan State, and Penn State) it jumps to 30.3 scored & 33.3 allowed for the other 6 opponents. 51-38 vs Washington, 34-27 vs Ohio State, and 17-45 vs Michigan. The Capitol One Bowl is also on turf which can really skyrocket big plays at times...esp. with special teams. Auburn/Virginia is a good example as it almost went over by halftime.

S. Carolina's turn now....I like them to win and cover due to Nebraska's D problems but Spurrier bowl record makes me like Over better. I just don't think Spurrier is a perfect fit for anyone but a pure passing team so his bowl record w/SC is not a fluke imo. SCs D is better than Neb but they've had problems with the option themselves. 274 rushing to Navy & 241 to Citadel for example. Both QBs should have single coverage all day on play-action.

S. Carolina 30-24

I'm also playing a 3 team sweetheart teaser +160 (hit 2 of 3 this bowl season).
It makes sense to parlay these for the payout value but I'm hoping Houston drops from 7.5?

SC/Neb Over 39
Houston -1
Houston/Penn State Under 62.5

Biggest mismatch of QBs in bowl history I would think? The white version of PS's crappy QB tandem got knocked out by a teammate (nice team chemistry). Rob Bolden (1 td/4 ints for the year) now gets the start vs Case Keenum. Penn State's offense is so bad they beat my Indiana Hoosiers 16-10. IU gave up 44 ppg in B10 play...one of the worst Ds I've ever seen in D1 and PS got 16! Houston will have issues with a B10 O-line & defense but they have the speed advantage imo with all those Texas kids. Smaller play on Under 56 with no side play on Houston -7.5

Houston 30
Penn State 20

GL!!