Originally posted on 12/21/2011:

Quote Originally Posted by iFrat View Post
Spoken like a true broke asshole. You look at what people have now, instead of THE WORK they had to do to get to where they are today. Do you think multi million dollar company's were created overnight? or even small business that make a few hundred k a year.

People like you look at someone like that and say shit like "man he is on easy street, look how lucky he is. He barely has to work and look at everything he has."
When in fact luck had nothing to do with it. He busted his ass for 5-10 years and made something for himself.

The reality is that you prob aren't going to be "Super Rich" working for someone your whole life. It's the people who can learn from others and have the initiative to go out and work for themselfs that do this. THIS TAKES HARD WORK. Most people don't want to do the work it takes to get there. Instead of takng experience from the work they do and think of ways to apply it to their life they would rather sit back and bitch about there job and punch a time card.

Unfortunately someone has to make the fukin sandwiches to make the world go round. What makes America great is that no one is stoping the sandwich guy from being successful other than himself.

You either have the motivation to make something out of yourself or you don't. But don't blame others on your choices in life, or expect a handout because someone is making more money than you. Chances are they deserve it.
I specifically wrote the verb in PAST TENSE because I knew some clown would come in here saying the same shit you just said. I'm saying these people did not work any harder than other hard working Americans. They are where they are today because of connections, family name, or they just got lucky.

Even Oprah's story is BS to me. Yes, I think she worked hard, but I know she had to be extremely lucky to have become the success she is today. If small things had gone the other way, Oprah would never have made it. I'm sure many many women have worked just as hard as Oprah, yet are still waiting tables.

Ask any self-made rich person how they became successful, and after they tell you it was hard work etc... they'll eventually say something along the lines of 'well, things just kind of worked out for me'. That is called luck, and proves success has little to do with hard work.

While hard work has little to do with success, the main components are:

- Family
- Economic background
- Appearance
- Race

All things you cannot control.

So enough with the naive 'work hard and you will succeed' mythology. Because the people who make the most in their lives I guarantee have worked less than the people who make the least.