Originally posted on 12/10/2011:

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
lakers can't build a team, only buy one
They have built their teams through the draft and trades. I seriously can't remember the last big time FA they signed. Shaq? I'm sure there is someone since then that i'm forgetting. They are good b/c their front office is savvy enough to draft guys like Kobe Bryant, Andrew Bynum, Marc Gasol (who enabled them to get Pau). And the rest of their talent comes from trades. It's not their fault they are smart and make good trades. No one is forced to trade with the Lakers. There are 29 other teams to trade with, and plenty of of big markets. It's not a coincidence that LA has been great the last 10 years, and the Knicks have been horrible despite both having the same money/market. A smart, patient front office will build good teams (Okc, San Antonio, Utah, LA etc.) a stupid front office will build a bad team (NYK and LAC until this season, Minnesota, etc.)
Basically, it's not LA/Dallas/Chicago's fault that their are so many stupid Owner's and GM's giving out horrible contracts and making stupid trades.