Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
This is an excellent thread, it touches on some very interesting subject matter. I copied this out of article from Becky.

So the Bodog move is a way to drive off the angle/advantage players? Some very interesting terms used. "net depositor", is that the politically correct term for a square? Then there is predator and ecosystem. Then you have a guy basically stealing data from a business and selling it??? Is that true? Why wouldnt the poker companies sue him? Quite a story I must say.
Bodog's stance is that the sharp players have killed their ecosystem. Heads up cash games had 30 or more tables with one shark sitting waiting on a fish for years. There are programs like pokertracker and hold em manager that give players a ton of information they normally wouldn't be privy to if they were datamining or buying datamined hands and other programmers wrote programs that specifically reformatted hand histories from the Bodog format to theirs. There are websites that list cash game results, sit and goes, tournament results all while shilling their own affiliate links or requiring payment for access or like in the case of the site that found this exploit, just blatantly selling intellectual property of data they had no part in creating.

Coming from my Digital Forensics background, I can't fathom the balls of someone selling information like this for a profit except that they know they most likely won't face repercussion due to the industry. Couldn't imagine Ebay letting someone sell off data analytics of auctions to people to aid in them getting lower prices and making more money. Some sites were banning players for having hands in their personal database that they didn't have a part in, some sites like Cake gave players the ability to change screenames (which is super ironic as most of these butthurt sharps change their name on cake when the fish won't give them action and are now crying about anonymous tables)

The sense of entitlement from those that think they are sharp is astounding, claiming they run the games, generate rake etc when all they've done for the last few years on Bodog is drive away casual players.