Admittedly, I didn't watch Yates' performance this past weekend, but I just watched 3 of his promotional videos from his time at UNC (youtube is great) and I hate everything about this kid's playing style. He has a short 3/4 delivery that speaks of poor mechanics. His footwork is nothing special, and his arm is weak. 85% of the throws in the videos were 10-15 yard slants/crossing routes, and even those short passes didn't look crisp. The longer tosses were appallingly bad, most of which were off the mark and virtually all of them had too much arc. His arm just isn't strong enough to represent a danger downfield. His only chance to connect outside of 20 yards will be throwing 50/50 balls to Andre Johnson in double coverage and trusting Johnson's talent and size to allow him to go up and get the ball.

On the ground, he's not bad with the read option and obviously has strong RBs on the team, but I wouldn't consider him much of a danger when he keeps the ball. His running is ragged and his lack of athleticism is apparent. The most positive thing I can say about him is he appeared to have good decision-making skills, but against Atlanta's excellent run defense is going to make it really hard for Yates to move the ball.

I'm playing Atlanta in this game, and the Under. If Yates beats me here I can accept that, but I really don't think that will happen.