Originally posted on 11/22/2011:

The last two posters in this thread are clueless don't listed to them. None of the eWallets offer cards to India, they used to but that all stopped in Feb 2010. India has more English speakers than any other country but the United States, and the UK bookmakers are all focused on this market.

If you're super worried about it: You can W UxNxIxOxN Betfair and when you withdrawal do an International Wire. Also I know several people in Pakistan that use BetCRIS hassle free (one of the better options for them) but they pay a TON in fees. India does not have have anywhere near the number of restrictions but should be really worried about it that's a site you can be assured of privacy.

I'll point out though while players getting arrested over Teen Patti and Flush games happen from time to time and bookies getting arrested is rather common - India does not hassle those who gamble via betting sites licensed abroad. The new IT rules (not yet in place) do call for it to become more difficult, but meanwhile Sikkim is claiming the central government is wrong because the constitution of India gives states the right, and Sikkim has legalized online gambling including sports betting. Its a super gray area and for the most part they don't want to get involved. In any case, in absence of a state law the crime calls for a VERY small fine (i think Rs. 100) and up to 1 month in prison - However I read about this daily and have never heard ever of someone being arrested from gambling with in their own home over the internet.

The major UK bookmakers eyes are strongly focused on India. The online gambling market is estimated as $120 billion per year in India and it will certainly grow if regulation are reduced. What's happening now however is Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is going one way, while states are looking to go the other and the central governments just caught in the middle. There are multiple laws no one enforces - for example the lottery is allowed only a single draw per week, but this doesn't seem enforced anywhere. PlayWin has them multiple times per hour.

If you're worried use Betfair and BetCRIS via cash transfer and where possible wire. However many use moneybookers no problem at all; I know of one operator who has over 300,000 accounts from Indian. Basically you run the risk of your banking asking about where the money came from in which case you need to tell them something other than gambling. You could them them you "buy websites fix them up and resell them" no one cares that much what you say.

At the comments about India those guys are clueless. It is FAR easier to gambling online in India than it is in the United States and also much more hassle free. (Getting moneybookers verified initially can be a challenge though).