Quote Originally Posted by Ab34 View Post
need a huge weekend lta
Don't go overboard. Stay consistent with the amount of your wagers. Don't chase and don't make "all in" type plays.

Find a good money management scheme and never deviate. Don't worry about having "huge" weekends. Instead, just try to be consistently in the black and that will add up to a "huge" season.

It's never about one weekend. This is about the long term and being comfortably in the black by the end of the season or even over two, three, four or five seasons.

The problem with many people is they approach sports investing from a "daily" or "weekly" mindset instead of thinking long term. Therefore, they will make stupid "chase" or "all in" type plays in order to get even on the day or make up for a losing week. That is exactly what the books want you to do. Instead, everyone needs to stop thinking about a winning day or losing day and start thinking about a winning season versus a losing season. Even better, start thinking about a winning year in all the markets you play as opposed to just winning this week.

Personally, I approach each sports market that I play (NBA, MLB, NCAAF and NFL) independent of the other. Therefore, even though I might have won over 70x in NBA last year and over 40x in MLB, I don't factor that into my NCAAF market wagers or my NFL market wagers. I try to be in the black in each market. However, I also know the total amount of money that I am up on the year and I would never jeopardize that hard earned profit from other markets in order to make an all in play in the NCAAF or NFL markets in order to get in the black. That is very stupid and what the books want.

Remember, NCAAF and NFL are the hardest markets to beat, with the sharpest lines and biggest handles. Therefore, you should play those most conservatively. My units in football are just a bit more than half of what my units are for NBA and MLB. The reason is that I know where my strengths are and I approach sports investing as a long term initiative. If I have a small losing season in NCAAF or NFL, its no big deal because I already made some big profits in NBA and MLB. My goal, however, is to be in the black in each market at season's end. I don't risk profit from other markets just to make an "all in" play in hopes of getting into the black in another market. It's all about grinding out profit over the length of the season and I am quite confident I will end up in the black in both NCAAF and NFL by season's end by grinding out that profit. Remember, it's not about a winning day or a winning week, it's about winning seasons and winning years overall.

Good luck