kind of makes me ill to watch these casual fans come here and chime in with stupid comments...90 percent of the guys that come in threads around here are not hardcore, everyday, boxing fans...they are guys who see or hear something on espn and think they know whats up...its pretty disgusting....i see espnnews talking about this potential fight today and throwing up some "timeline"...which is so ridiculous...it leaves out so much crap and shows just how good arum is at playing the media/general public

when they were supposedly negotiating the first time....arum had cowboy stadium in his mind for pac the whole time....it was his idea to find a new venue...something fresh for manny....he was never trying to make the fight with floyd...he had josh clottey ready for pac in dallas the whole time he was pretending to make a fight with floyd.....

at that time shane mosley was signed to fight andre berto on hbo....bob arum knew this and knew that if he walked away from floyd that floyd would have no one to fight...no name opponent...no one anyone would care about....meanwhile he and pac, pac being the media darling he is, would have a spectacle fight at cowboy stadium......he was trying to stick it to floyd

but arum forgot that floyd and berto share the same manager al haymon...well that was right around the time the earthquake in haiti hit....berto being haitian....floyd went to haymon and said "tell young boy to move out my way...i want shane"....im sure berto was given some money....he said the earthquake hit him hard and he withdrew from the shane fight.......and floyd "stepped" right in....and floyd had a big name opponent....and one that his staunchest critics said he would never fight and was afraid to......and remember...at the time shane was coming off a huge with against margarito...n floyd haters said he was afraid of him....lolol...anyway....floyd found a dance partner that ole bob thought he couldnt do when he walked away from him....and the fight sold very well and floyd made a ton of money

the end