thadchr
    thadchr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3577

betpoints: What are they and how do I get them? : An "Ultimate Guide", Please?

Ultimately, I just think it would be nice if we had a post or page or link that explained all the ways one can get and/or earn points (and differences as they apply between pros/non-pros) and all the stipulations that go with each "method" (e.g. details on the length, rules for "a well thought out pick write-up or handicapping post", like Bill mentions in the original post).

Similarly, what's the deal with trivia currently? I know it used to be every Wednesday, and then after that it was every Wednesday + another random day during the week (I'm pretty sure). Is it still on an assigned day, is it offered once/twice/x times a week/month/season? Are the same questions used for everyone, or do frequent winners get harder questions, for example? And can questions be repeated? Etc., etc.

I really feel as if something similar to what I'm describing would be extremely helpful and appreciated by everyone on the forum. It would also, ideally, cut down on the same questions getting asked ad nauseum (...and there are many). -- Someone could always just link the question-asker to the "rulebook".

I know SBR is a member-driven community with solid administrators, and suggestions (and sometimes plain old bitching) aren't altogether ignored by the mods. Please give this idea a thought (or at least clear up some of my questions?).

thadchr
    thadchr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3577

Is there a way to edit the title of this post? Not sure how it got messed up...