Originally posted on 09/30/2011:

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
no, i only have 1 family member, my dad and he lives in chicago which is 950 miles away. theres a couple good homeless shelters in dowtown new orleans, i think the red cross sponsors one, im not sure. as long as they have water there and a place to use a bathroom and a place to sleep indoors. i know most of the homeless males in new orleans sleep outside though. most of the indoor shelters are for females.
This may not help, but here's a positive spin on it. If you would have bought ipads and stuff you could turn into cash, it still would have only been enough to last you a couple months. Then what? So this may have just been a way to go ahead and face the inevitable reality of your situation rather than delaying it 60 days. I hate it for you, but eventually you have to pull yourself up by your bootstraps, get a job, and get on with your life. If betpoints were your only "assets," then you must admit you were living in a bit of a fantasy world. Losing them and stepping away from the internet and SBR for a few months will probably end up being a blessing in disguise. Take this as a sign, and good luck getting back on your feet.