From the Archives ( Good Luck Everyone)

For my Free Play, I'm siding with the Brewers as they look to even the series tonight at Busch. Unlike a large majority of the public, I refuse to fade Randy Wolf here. Yes, the Brewers southpaw has struggled of late, but if there's one indicator of expected success tonight, its the line.

This number is begging for Cardinals money, as the oddsmakers know the public is looking to fade Wolf and offered a price that was just too good to pass up. Not for me though, as Wolf has been outstanding in his L2 starts in St. Louis, going 2-0 with a 1.13 ERA.

On the flip side, there's a lot of love for Kyle Lohse in this spot, especially since he's proven effective with extra rest this season. That being said, he wasn't sharp against Philadelphia in his last one and if oddsmakers are so certain he's not going to show signs of rust, then why do they have him priced so cheaply? Factor in Wolf's struggles and this line is simply too good to be true.

Bottom line, I'm keeping this play small, but rest-assured Randy Wolf will surprise a lot of bettors out there with his effort tonight. Oddsmaker are signaling a tougher than expected matchup for Lohse with this number and I couldn't agree more. Take Milwaukee with Wolf over St. Louis and Lohse Thursday.