Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
SBR will never step in after the fact when a poster stiffs someone else for points. I just don't see that policy ever changing as it's always been that way since the points program began..
Does this mean that if Thad told you, "there seems to be some kind of misunderstanding, I never intended to pay these people" then you would have to back off and unlock his account? Because there are predatory points con-artists (I know, how sad) on here who have screwed over many people and SBR never shut them down. One of them even won a large number of points in an SBR poker tourney, and he never payed back a single point.

It is a preventative measure to get him caught up and processing payouts so our posters are protected and everyone can walk away as happy as possible.
Again, I am just not buying this. SBR never cares about everyone walking away happy from these controversies. SBR always ignores the issue. Again, I have no problem with SBR having such a policy - it makes perfect sense. What is not making sense is that these rules have been broken in this one particular case.

Shari, I am not blaming you for any of this. I get that feeling that if you were in charge, SBR would definitely be more pro-active in policing these matters. You seems to really care about the right thing being done, posters walking away happy, etc. My issue is that this intervention is totally out of character for SBR and goes against the policies they like to quote when ignoring a real screw job.

For example, people have taken out large loans from 3-4 different posters and then been banned for unrelated points fraud as soon as they went to buy something with the borrowed points... Does SBR transfer the points back to the lenders, in order to make things right? Of course not. They keep the loaned points. After all, they have regulations they have to adhere to. How does that fit in with protecting posters and making sure everyone walks away happy?