Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
We are actively nabbing scammers even before they hit the store. As I said earlier this is now a major part of my job - much bigger than just day to day Mod stuff. So when someone triggers an alert now, they're nailed. However some people won't trigger one now because their fraud happened before new tools were in place. To determine that fraud, we can fortunately now back check but unless we know to manually check that individual poster because we see something suspicious/another poster alerts us/that poster comes to the store, then unless we had a full time Fraud team working 24/7, it's impossible to go through every poster's account considering we have over 130k members and that number is growing rapidly. Even then, I don't think that'd be even 50% effective because scammers change the activity of their multiple accounts. An account could start off as clean on the system and then a couple of months down the road start making points transfers to the main account. It's impossible to keep track of every points transaction between posters due to the sheer number of them. I kind of compare it to an offshore book. They can't always catch the fraud while someone's actively using the account unless someone thinks to look at that particular user. But when you try to get a withdrawal, that's when they'll nab you if they don't happen to sooner.
Shari, as Thaddeus said, I really appreciate you stepping in and discussing this.

My last point (at least I think so) on this is this;

In my opinion this is really not about SBR getting involved in poster to poster points disputes (which I understand 100%), it is essentially about returning stolen points. Just like when the police catch a robber with stolen goods, the police return the stolen goods to the person and not just confiscate them. In this case, SBR has an extremely good method of tracking the points trail and therefore there is no question of fair ownership.

Anyway, not trying to beat a dead horse, I am not personally involved in this other than wanting to see fairness to your posters.

Cheers.