Originally posted on 09/12/2011:

Machine Plays: 8-4

Whether I win, lose or draw with the Patriots -7, I'll be playing this late-game MNF matchup. I've seen enough to like.

Denver cleaned house in the offseason and brought in John Fox as HC, who went 2-14 last year in Carolina. He didn't get much time to gel with his new team due to the lock-out.

Meanwhile, the Raiders promoted their OC Hue Jackson to HC, and last year he was able to coax 25.6 ppg out of the Raiders on the strength of the 2nd-ranked rushing offense in the league (Darren McFadden, Jason Campbell, Michael Bush).

Oct 24, 2010: Raiders rip Denver a new ass 59-14, with 328 yards rushing. At Denver.
Dec 19, 2010: Raiders repeat the shredding 39-23, with 264 yards rushing. Denver gets 9 first downs.

Denver finishes the season 31st in the league in rushing defense.

Spring, 2011: Denver addresses its defensive line needs by drafting Nick Fairley. Ooops, nope that didn't happen. They did not draft a defensive lineman until the 7th round.

Which means that this year's version of Denver's rush defense will look like last year's, exept wait...it gets better. Denver is without defensive tackle Marcus Thomas, defensive tackle Ty Warren, and leading linebacker D.J. Williams.

McFadden up the middle for 8, McFadden off the edge for 12, McFadden out of the flat for 14, McFadden dives into the end zone.

Raiders were second in the league in sacks last year and victimized Kyle Orton hard. Expect to see Tebow by the third quarter.

RAIDERS +3