LSU -3: Game opened at -3 and is now -3.5.

I’m not a huge LSU fan but there is no denying that this team plays great defense and somehow always seems to have “those” breaks go their way. This, like all the games is a straight program play but I probably would have been tempted to play this one anyways after actually seeing Mississippi St play Auburn this past Saturday.
I expected more from Mississippi St’s defense than was on display against Auburn. They are not as strong against the run as I originally thought and they still have some issues in the secondary. While they are improved on the offensive side of the ball they still rely very heavily on the run and that plays into the strength of LSU’s defense.
I lean to this being a low scoring game as both teams LOVE to run the ball and even think it may be a key turnover or 2 that will make the difference. My program has this game not even being close but personally I’m glad 3 was available early cause the hook actually could come into play.

Iowa St +4.5.

I know nothing about Iowa St except they beat Iowa this past Saturday in a game I leaned to Iowa in. I don’t know if it’s just because it was a Rivalry game that they were able to step their game up or if Iowa isn’t really all that good or if perhaps Iowa St is a very good team, this is straight program following.
I do know that I watched much of the 2nd half of the UConn/Vanderbilt game and even had a play on Vandy and I wasn’t impressed with UConn on offense or really even on defense. Vandy doesn’t have a stellar offense yet they were able to move the ball somewhat easily on UConn several times.
Always have to be concerned about a letdown spot after a huge win as with Iowa St and a motivational spot after a tough loss as with UConn but hopefully it is a 3 point game either way and the program looks good. Actually the program suggests Iowa St as an outright winner but still taking the points.

Auburn +4: Game opened at +4 and now +3.5.

Wow, friggin Auburn. They get a miracle win in a game they were figured to cruise in against Utah St and then they outplay a Mississippi St team that many (myself included) would just manhandle them.
This is a scary game to me. Auburn’s wins were at home and this will be their first road game against a team they have generally played close but beaten the last 3 times they have played.
Clemson looked less than spectacular against Wofford last week but much of that could be because they took Wofford for granted and they had their eye looking ahead to this coming week.
Can Auburn keep finding a way to win and throwing “we don’t only win cause of Cam Newton” in the naysayers faces or will Clemson be the first to stop this Auburn train? I don’t know nor do I care, just it keep it to within 3 and I’ll be a happy camper.

Central Michigan +6.5: Game opened at +6.5 and now at +7.

This is the only game so far where the line has moved against me. I never like to see that happen but it’s gonna happen from time to time. My program isn’t really any better than 50% over the long haul but it does bring to light games to key on.
I watched Central Michigan against Kentucky and I had a play on them as well. They looked exactly like I thought they would look to open the game and really the entire first half but they did absolutely nothing in the second half. I didn’t see or hear of a key injury and attribute not only losing the game but not covering to Kentucky making better adjustments and some SEC pride.
I’ve played this game 4 years in a row and I have been on the wrong side every time.

Texas -3.5

I don’t like that I am playing this game. Texas is not that good of a team and UCLA is horrible. The program likes Texas a lot so I am kind of just blindly following. I guess if I was forced to try and find an angle aside from just how bad UCLA is it would be a revenge spot for Texas as UCLA beat them last year 34-12 at Texas.

Texas Tech -19: Game opened at -19 and now -20.

Texas Tech good not great but New Mexico St REALLY bad.

Central Florida -4

Who would ever have thought that this could be a truly great game? Personally I am looking forward to this contest because both are very good teams and along with South Florida are really dipping into the talent pool in the state of Florida which in a few years will start to show for schools like Florida and FSU.
I love what FIU did at Louisville but to be very frank about it, Louisville is a not so good team. Take nothing away from Florida International they went on the road and won as double digit dog but Central Florida is a much better squad than the Cardinals.
Not out of the realm of possibilities for FIU to keep it under the number or even pull off another great upset but I don’t think it that likely. Central Florida is loaded with talent and are more seasoned. I think Central Florida wins this by 10 or more but it won’t mean that FIU isn’t still a very impressive up and coming team.

Houston -7.5

No need to try and give any reasoning here. I think Houston is the better team but I really know nothing about either squad so this is a straight program follow.

Ball St -4.5

Same as the Houston game, straight program follow.

Oklahoma -3: Game opened at -3 and now at -3.5

This could be a great game or it could get ugly like last year’s 47-17 drubbing by the Sooners. Florida St is LOADED with speed and athletes. They definitely have a revenge factor to be motivated by and they are carrying the burden of being one of the handful of teams to be in the National Championship race, so too is Oklahoma naturally.
For me this breaks down to discipline. FSU, while vastly improved is still very susceptible to those silly mistakes that plagues teams with aggressive athletic types. Their motor is always turning but sometimes the brain isn’t keeping up. False starts, holding, late hits, these things kill momentum, stall drives and create situations where the opponent capitalizes.
I don’t like the hook that has quickly been added to this game but even at the -3 it could still end up being a push. I probably should have stayed away from this game all together but really wanted to have 10 games on the card this week.

Since this is the first week using the program I am still keeping all bets to a minimum.