Quote Originally Posted by Kev the Brit View Post
When you have to play 3 D bets in addition to another 6 or so A to C bets on the same day, a 100 units BR aint enough to keep up. Your system might work out in the long term, but the working unit has to be significantly less than 1% of the BR that is commited to it. And, on top of that reserve, the bettor has to have another BR to service JM and other chase systems. Its all too much, unless the bettor wants to win pennies with $20 bills....

And this is where the MLB PLU$$$$ comes unstuck
I see your points, but don't say it is undoable, because I am doing it. I brought a 100 unit bankroll into MLB and playing three systems: MLB Plu$$$, JM and over/under system I came up with, all three systems being played at 1% units. MLB Plu$$$ is obviously having it's problems in 2011, but the other two are doing very well for me. I am currently at 78 units total for all three, down a total of 22, which isn't too bad, knowing how poorly my system has performed this year. At no time have I been down more than 50 units, and had I only played MLB Plu$$$ and not the other two, the worst I would have been down at any time would have been 76 units, that was including open series. Had I been in it from day 1, the numbers would have been better, and I would be sitting close to even right now. I am by no means saying this system is having a good year, that would be foolish. However, it also doesn't take $20 bets to win pennies to stay alive either, or prevent you from playing multiple systems with the same bankroll, unless of couse, several of the systems you are playing are having a down year at the same time. It has been stated several times in these threads that chase sytem units should never be more than 1% of a persons bankroll, that is all I was trying to say, and maybe a little less since the system was new, and even though the potential for big profits as in past years was present, so was the possibility of a repeat of the down year. I am not trying to twist anyone's arm to play. I promised I would post til the end and that is what I am doing. But don't say it is not possible to still be alive at this point in the season, when in reality it is, and I am. Thanks.