Day 0 - Spent night at Denver airport due to poorly made plans (read no plans made)... Also lacking hotel arrangements I made last minute reservations at a hostel while crashing at the airport (I was going to stay at an aparthotel I researched but never finalized the reservations and it was fully booked due to my excessive procrastination)...

Day 1 - Arrived at CR airport and naively exchanged small amount money at inflated prices... Took cab over city bus as it was late at night and I didn't want to try and figure out that system, sweat bad areas, and not being able to speak any usable Spanish, etc... Pretty sure I got the gringo rate on the taxi to the hostel despite using Lou's Orange Cab airport suggestion... Arrived at hostel (although I only stayed in about 5-6 hostels this is actually the nicest / coolest one I've stayed in) where I drank beer with a bunch of twenty something tourist...

Day 2 - Somewhere between leaving and arriving in Costa Rica I lost my DC so I spent the morning trying to get the money off the card and to my parents and finding a way for them to ** a few hundred to me... Now debating if I should try and last the rest of the trip on ~$300 I currently have...

Spent the afternoon aimlessly wondering around downtown San Jose... Semi-knowledgeably got taken for ~15k in Colones ($30 US?) by a street hustler minus the tab for a few beers and shots at a local dive bar...

Guessing I walked at least a couple kilometers back to my hostel in the late afternoon rain... When I got back there was a large group of travelers coming in to my hostel so I got moved into a room with three beds with a couple of hot Austrian girls and whom I've already falling in love with... Although we talked briefly I'm assuming this is where the relationship will end as they are flying out at 4 AM and I think they were in the bigger dorm room with me last night and therefore they have already likely been exposed to some of my stronger social weaknesses such as my excessively loud snoring...

So far I haven't been really been impressed by San Jose so taking the bus to Montezuma in the morning as, unlike the the rest of the Bash high rollers, even if I wanted to I can't afford things like the tica menu at the places like the Del Ray or Sportsman's Lodge... My current plans are to find a something like a rentable hammock on the beach and return to San Jose on Friday for the bash...