Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
If you want to donate and this may seem slightly hypocritical as I am agnostic/atheist/pantheist whatever the **** u want to call it when a person has enough braincells to know all religions are bullshit but the best charitable organizations are associated with Christian and Jewish religions. Secular charities (run by non-religious jackasses like myself) are pretty much outright scams where as little as 20% of your donation may actually end up going to charity.

For example...

Secular

UNICEF CEO receives $1,200,000 per year plus all expenses and a ROLLS ROYCE car where ever he goes and only cents of your dollar goes to the cause. That's $1369.86 an hour for every hour of every day.

Christian

The Salvation Army's Commissioner Todd Bassett receives a salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization.

Notice the difference
You have just committed so many logical fallacies it's like a lesson in itself. You're just wrong, citing one example of a secular mis-run charity and an example of one correctly run religious one does deem secular less reliable nor does it deem christian charities more respectable. The fact is secular charities are *usually* better run because there is no ulterior motivation. Take for example the Catholic church - arguably the most powerful organization in the world. Donating to any charity under their name could lead to your money going towards the promotion of "no condoms in Africa" which leads to thousands and thousands of deaths of Africans each year. Secular charities may have on occasion idiots running them who take money for themselves or mis use the money, but the charities themselves don't have ulterior motives. While I would always individually research the charity, were they even I'd take a secular one any day.