Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
So you make 25-30K in MLB every year?

Why haven't you gone tout? I'd pay for someone to make my picks that guarantee to make money.
Baseball is easy I dont even bet for a living anymore and made almost 20K already this season.

Going tout would be OK, but you know what people dont want advise or even winners, they want you to agree with them.

You go tout the first hurdle you have to cross is rewiring all the brain dead degenerate ***** out there who grew up on ESPN and think they know everything about all sports because they see a few highlights or listen to a bunch of washed up has beens who really dont know shit about the sports theyre talking about.

Then you have to give them games they want to bet, not what ones are going to make them money but games theylike with teams they like. Then you give them a game, they dont like your side they either dont bet it or bet the other side. if they win theyre smarter than you are, if they dont bet and it does win that is another game they pissed away.

The the other thing is if they follow you to the letter and you do somehow make them money, they just piss it away on games you didnt give them or games they like.

So it isnt about money with most people it is about the action. that is why football is a suckers game. It gets all the suckers in because a lot of guys watch it, it is hyped to the moon and it is a degenerates best friend.

Here is a test for everyone who 'loves' football. Go a Sunday or two without betting any of the games, then tally up how many minutes you watch. Unless you have a home team that is. But even if you have a home team and they start out 0-3 or 1-4 then tell me how much you watch.

Football is about hope and optimism. Shit teasms start out every season thinking they have a chance, everyone starts 0-0. But after 4 or 5 weeks the dream is shattered and that is it.

Same as with betting it. Most peope lose their asses, but there is always the hope and dream you will win someday. and when you do it is exactly what books like because then you win you think you can win more.

thats why football is a suckers game. The season is short, the vig is unreal, the spread is more than an equalizer and the scoring system makes it a very difficult game to overcome mistakes. Has nothing to do with 'sharp' lines or that stupidity. The ball takes funny bounces and some teams capitalize and some dont. it isnt like hoops where fouls shots at the end can get you in the money or over a total that had no prayer of coming in. Sure it is fun to do, but definitely not the sport to rely on to make money. If you do great. But more often than not you tread water. Especially if you dont bet MLs or a parlay or two along the way.

Basically the best formula for betting football is look for dogs and bet the ML. If you like a small fav then take the spread. But anything over 6 isnt worth betting. So that means a very small amount of chances to bet, and you have to be both good and lucky to show a profit. if you bet 40 games a season that isnt a lot of room for error, unless you get a few big dogs to cash for you, and even then if youre betting with a straightforward amount it isnt going to get you rich. Not like baseball can where you have 2500 games to bet. Football has 256 so a tenth. Now of course guys have started betting halves, and quarters and a lot of other gimmick bets, but usually those carry even more juice and a bad bounce or some other unforeseen thing can make a huge difference. Of course those things go both ways, the thing is I dont want to spend -130 or more on a chance they dont happen to me.