Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
Funny how all the doomsdayers are so quiet today? Market is up almost 5%, yet nary a peep. A few days ago when we had a -3% drop, every other thread in PT was some market guru telling everyone the apocalypse was upon us, and anyone who didn't liquidate their portfolio, as well as their 401k, was an idiot.

I personally remain extremely optimistic for the US economy. While I believe volatility will be inevitable, I remain steadfast in the mindset of keeping a level head. No reason to follow the lemming off of the cliff simply because they say so. Misery loves company, boys.

Opportunities abound in this marketplace. Long term the US, as the world's largest economy, remains full of promise. This is evident by the unwavering confidence in US bonds even after S&P's ridiculous decision to downgrade.

Those who ride out the storm with their eye on long term growth will be the ones who prosper.

Those who join the sheep......well, you already know what happens to sheep.
come on opie

the threads were started by bulls like sbr john telling you to take a long position on bac at 10. some of us realists responded.

the most violent upmoves (like today and tuesday) always happen during bear markets and are opportunities to get out.

what has done better over the last 10 years, your stocks or my gold? i didn't just start preaching this stuff last week, i have been saying all along that $100 trillion of underfunded social security and medicare is unpayable.

keep in mind that's $300,000 for every man, woman, and child in this country. drive around any lower to middle class neighborhood and ask a family of 4 for the $1,200,000 that they owe the federal government to pay this shortfall and see what they say