Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
The Republicans will have a good chance in 2012. Only a fool would make such an idotic statement. Only a fool would think that Paul will run on the Libertarian Ticket. This is one of the dumbest posts that I have ever seen. You really should leave before you make a bigger fool out of yourself than you already have. You obviously know NOTHING about Politics. Just another peon who thinks that people with power will listen to him. Here is a clue. We will NOT.
I never said nor insinuated that Ron Paul would run on the Libertarian ticket. I'd even vote for Wayne Allyn Root on the Libertarian ticket before I would vote for any Republican not named Ron Paul. Republicans will either listen to peons like me (who believe in the very basic and simple points of balanced budgets, personal freedoms, a federal government as defined by the Constitution, and a non-interventionist foreign policy) or they will never get our vote. If that means Democrats win more elections then so be it. It is a matter of principle.

The Republicans have a good chance just like they had in 2008 and like the Dems had in 2004 and 2000. National elections in a 2 party system will always be relatively close, but I do not believe Republicans will ever win another national election with their current lack of differentiation from Democrats except on legislating with their religion. As the demographics of America change with more retirees wanting the ponzi schemes of SS and Medicare protected or even increased, with more immigrants, with a growing population of atheists/agnostics, with nearly half of the population not paying income tax and nearly half receiving government handouts, Republicans embracing the current GOP platform are screwed.