I've had a lot of rotten jobs and a few decent ones.

My very 1st job at 16 was quite good, I worked at a union grocery store and the pay was very good in the late 70's, early 80's. Making like $300/week back then 1979-1982 while in HS was awesome.

I sold Electrolux door to door for a few months around Oceanside, Ca. That sucked , but you could do whatever you wanted....so you were outside and free, but didn't make much money at it.

My worst job was probably working at a factory ( Zentech or something close to that). I wound transformers with a bunch of Mexican women for minimum wage. Total monotony ! I did that for a few months then went into construction....specifically installing HVAC, that was much better and after about a year's experience you could make enough money to live on. However you do put you body at risk as you must deal with a lot heights, roofs, ladders, scaffolding, etc. It's a young man's game, I couldn't go back to that at 47.5 y.o.

My most fun job was tending bar on graveyard at a dive bar near Fremont and Eastern about 1993-1994. $5 hour + tips, good for about $80-120 a shift.

My best paying job was USPS, did that for 5+ years, graveyard shift unloading trucks like the UPS guy...I hated the fuckers I worked with, so I stupidly quit...I'd want that job back....a few good years of pro gambling got me cocky and I quit my gov't job with a pension in 2002 or 2003 ! I haven't worked since and I'm going broke. I'm desperately trying to sell my house ( about 219k and paid for) and move down South where I can maybe buy a home for 60k and survive on a near minimum wage job, until I thankfully die !