Quote Originally Posted by ebemiss View Post
So if you go 1-1 today you lose -5.9 units. That's great money management. Even a weak mind like me can see that.
A. I did not say you have a weak mind, I said your weak-minded and feeble attempts will not rattle me.

B. Thanks for the math lesson; and if I went 1-1, with a win on the Philly under, I would have been +5x. What is your point?

I agree that the key to sports investing is money management. However, the key to money management, in my opinion, is placing a higher unit stake on games where there is such +EV based on the factors that you weigh in order to most efficiently and effectively increase your ROI.

Each game is different. However, if I have ten of my criteria satisfied in one play and only 5 of those satisfied in another, I am not going to play those at the same stake because that would needlessly limit my potential profit. The play that has satisfied the most amount of my capping factors and criteria, above and beyond the filters that make it a play to begin with, gets the biggest stake in my MM scheme. Today, that play was the Phillies under -- which only missed by one run due to some early scoring. No big deal, I just move onto the next play and wait to search out my next big 5x+ play.

My plays 5x and above are rare and I only have made 18 of such plays out of over 500 plays this MLB season so far. Generally, in basketball for example, I have won 60% or more of my high staked wagers. This allows me to capitalize as much as possible on my initial investment. Plus, I am in no danger of being unprofitable any time soon. I have more than doubled my original BR investment of 100x since last October in all sports (most documented right here on SBR). Therefore, I have no problem playing aggressively where I believe there is such positive expected value that aggressive play is warranted.

If you simply flat bet, you are limiting your potential profit. Yes, you also limit your risk, however, I am not in a situation where I need to limit my risk. I am in a very comfortable position, both as far as my overall BR and my MLB record.

Finally, my plays are for me and for no one else. I post on here in order to help out as much as I can, however, I do not ask that people tail me or follow my unit stakes. My wagers are strategically made to maximize my own BR. I am not a wannabe TOUT, unlike some people on here who try to tout their website or wannabe service, so I really don't care if people tail, fade, criticize or whatever. I have proven to be profitable in all sports over a large sample size and despite this horrible month of July, I will continue to pick winners more than I pick losers. I wonder if you can say the same...