It is sort of sad that hose days are gone. The net should have been a boom to them. But it only made the world a smaller place and let people get access to the same info they claimed to have, and it also allowed people to congregate and share horror stories about guys. So eventually everyone found how just how corrupt they all were.

But as far as entertainment value they were all priceless. At least feiner and his crew embraced tit and were as over the top as they could possibly be.

While guys like Jeff Allen, Cokin (who is actually not a bad capper) and Jim feist all tried to get serious with it and try and make people think they were legitimate. Akin to how Fez tries to act. So they tried to change with the times, going from strict handicappers (knowing how to break down games and predict a winner that way), to information players( getting 'secret' info from people close to the team, player, institution), to now the new con, 'market' players (using the market (odds/spreads) to determine who is betting what and extrapolate what that means and bet accordingly.) so it is a different scam for a different time.

Bottomline is it is all guess work, no matter what system you use. The only edge anyone has is always getting the best of it as often as possible. getting lucky on some moves, and using a correct approach to not get over exposed. In terms of actually looking to make a long term profit that is. If youre just a degenerate that is looking to get in fast and hard you might just as well fip a coin and call it whatever you want. So if you want to play 3 games and double up each time ust flip the coin 3 times (if you get that far).

I did an experiment on another board a few years ago. I bet the board every week simply by flipping a coin. I think I was 135-121 or something like that, I know it was right around 53%. Which for flipping a coin 256 times isnt that big a discrepancy. But it was better than guys who took hours a week trying to pick games. Took me all of 30 seconds a week to bet the board. But had I bet the ML on those games I would have shown a major profit. But since it wasnt real but an experiment I obviously didnt. But shows that it really doesnt mater what approach you take, the only difference is the price you get.

Bettor A and bettor B can bet the exact same game for a full year, and one of them will do better than the other one will. Simply due to what odds/ML they got, and if they got a 'bad' number and got a push or a loss rather than a win. They both bet the same exact teams but one will do better thanthe other just because of that. So does than mean the one guy is better than the other guy? Not hardly, just means he got a little luckier and had the right price when it counted. Which is why I alwyas laugh when people claim getting the 'right' side and winning by half a point makes them so good. No just means they got lucky. If they were REALLY good they would never bet a game that came down to a buzzer beater or a lucky play. Which goes right to my contention that it is all guess work, because no one can be that good or know that much or predict those things. You just have to hope you avoid them in games you play. Which is as random as flipping a coin.