Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
1st off, let me say skip the teaching career. Not a good time to get into that field. States are coming after that profession with a vengeance and stripping it down.

2nd, everyone in the world thinks they can run their own business but really have no idea what it takes and how involved it is. It would be a very good idea to work in the field of business you are looking to get into 1st. Get a real idea of what it's about and what it might take and the real take home $$. Use start up money you have no problem losing and ALWAYS give yourself options. You may want to get into another business down the road. Plan on committing all of your being to the business and giving it your all. Always have an open mind.

3rd, I've done a little day trading and have had pretty good success. I think this is a really good way for some.

4th, don't be afraid to work hard no matter what you try. Hard work 1st.....money comes later. Too many people think once they get the education, their hard work is over and it's time to cash checks. They couldn't be more wrong.

GL

"The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price."
-- Vince Lombardi