Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
And I'm not attacking you or any other mods Shari, I'm just stating the obvious.
Nah, I know you're not. When I respond to threads like this it's not because I feel personally attacked. I'm one of the few Mods that interacts with the forum every day - I probably shouldn't post much at all as sometimes people just twist my words and try to flex their e-muscles against an employee. But I enjoy posting with you guys so I haven't stopped yet.

Trolls are a pain in the ass but when people interact with them, they cease to be a troll. If someone goes into a thread and just power posts nonsense, they're dealt with. Or if multiple people report them and we can see that the guy is literally here to stir shit, they're dealt with as well. But PT isn't as moderated as the sports subforums so things are looser in here.

Ghosts are a bit more difficult. When they're caught, they're gone. But unfortunately even if I KNOW someone's a ghost, I need to be able to prove it so I can justify banning them should I be questioned about it. We have many ways of catching ghosts and that usually works. But sometimes it takes a bit of time before they either slip up or we can establish enough of a pattern that we're confident we're right because it's not like SBR wants to immediately ban anyone who is suspected of being a ghost. If that were the case, many of our longer-term posters would be gone as they were once suspected as well. If you think you've found a ghost, PM me. You'll get a sweet reward if you're right