Originally posted on 05/13/2011:

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
realizing is not enough unfortunately. Far from enough.

Listen warriorfan, please listen you have not realized it yet. That is your major problem. Didn't you write that you believe in your heart you can make a living gambling? That is your problem! Once you realize that almost no person can make a living gambling that will be your first step in controlling this devil in your mind.

I have been in this gambling world longer than most of you have been alive. The morons that claim "don't be a quitter" and "stick it out" are just that--morons. I have lost two friends via suicide because of gambling. This is not a joke. Maybe you can't quit, many can't. So just saying quit is not the answer because you wont. My advice is first accept that you will lose in the long run because about 99% of gamblers do. When you win you are just borrowing it from the bookie. Please believe that because I was a book for decades and nobody won, they borrowed.

When you truly believe the above than you can begin to tackle the problem. Force yourself to bet small and keep it small, it can be done and you will be surprised that the rush will be the same. Because if your rush now is dictated by the fact that you must win to pay the bills--well that is a very bad rush and you don't want it anyway.

After months of this strategy it is possible that you will have it licked. You might relapse but just start over again. However this won't work until you truly believe that you can't win in the long run.

I wish you luck.