i've been doing it for years and if I was any good at anything else I would have quickly packed it in because its a curse of a life. Its more than a full time job, its constant to the point where you have no social life as your frightened you might miss something while your supposedly relaxing. At least a few years ago I made good money for all the downside but its got harder the last 3 years or so. Closed or restricted accounts make it harder getting the best and exchanges have run out of idiots making mistakes.

Opening prices move so fast nowadays throughout the industry it puts pressure on you to do your work faster, leading to mistakes. I'm earning half what I was getting 5 years ago and I'm seriously thinking of giving it up to just get off the merry go round and concentrate on futures, which seems to be the only big advantage left to the sharp operator.

Dont believe the waffle you read on forums about the glamourous life of a pro bettor, I wouldnt wish it on anyone. Well paid job with plenty of perks, holidays, weekends off. Why would anyone trade that for 8 hours plus in front of a screen riding a rollercoaster of emotions that will have dead by 65.