Originally posted on 04/18/2011:

4/18 write up

I've been watching every game. This team is playing better baseball than any other team in the league or at least in the AL. They are firing on all cylinders right now and their confidence is building with every win. Grady Sizemore is back in the line up as of yesterday and is looking great... the team chemistry is superb, you can tell they are thinking they can win every game.

Pitching, although I'm certain it will eventually cool down to a more non-stratospheric degree, is absolutely getting it done (In their last 14 games they have not given up more than 4 runs, and they've only given up 4 runs twice!) My take on the pitching is that they will play as well as the vibe in the clubhouse is giving off, and right now the vibe is simply, go get it done and will win this thing together. Everything is just gelling.

A lot of this talent was learning last year and it looks as though they are capitalizing on what they've learned and they are being well coached and way more focused than their opponents.

In addition, the wins are convincing whole game victories... the Tribe has only been in 2 extra inning games... lucky wins have not been a part of their streaks. They are getting it done and I see no reason they will not continue to do this to some degree all season. Part of me is still a bit skeptic simply because of the expecation level going into this season, but I can't deny the other side that is watching the games and listening to the players after the games talk with confidence and solidness.

This team is very close to earning a lot more respect than they have thus far.