Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
^^ the Ryan budget isn't just tax cuts for the rich, though. If anything, it raises them, because instead of getting taxed 35% and deducting the hell out of it (remember Buffett talking about his low actual tax rate?), they get taxed 25% with no loopholes.

10% tax on people under 100k, 25% above that... that's hardly a "tax cut for the rich". It helps the middle class by cutting their tax rate in half. No capital gains/dividends/interest taxes encourage investment in America, and eliminating the 35% corporate tax rate in favor of an 8.5% consumption tax on businesses will make sure every business contributes taxes, without chasing them out of the country or allowing them to find loopholes to lower the burden. 8.5% tax, no way around it.

Its a DAMN good plan as far as taxes/economy go

the Ryan budget isn't just tax cuts for the rich, though. If anything, it raises them, because instead of getting taxed 35% and deducting the hell out of it (remember Buffett talking about his low actual tax rate?), they get taxed 25% with no loopholes.

The only problem is the loopholes would re-emerge after 3-10 years. I don't hate the rich, but they do control our goverment. They have the ability to lobby for what they want. They would get the loopholes back in no time. How'd they get the loopholes they currently exploit ?

10% tax on people under 100k, 25% above that... that's hardly a "tax cut for the rich".

See above. A quick glance at the current Social Security arrangement is a good example. I like to use current Ohio Governor John Kasich compared to an autoworker as an example. At Lehman Bro's, Jonny K made 4 million dollars per year. Most autoworkers make around $50,000. Given the current cap (Roughly 6% of your first 106,000) Kasich was paying about 1 out of every 666 dollars he earned toward social security. A $50,000 per year autoworker would pay about 1 out of every 16 dollars earned toward social security. So basically, the dent, as a percentage, put into an autoworkers weekly pay check is about 40 times larger than the hit a multi-millionare takes. 40 TIMES. Throw in all the deductions the rich get and it makes all the "Joe the Plumber" redistribution stuff look pretty funny. We're soaking the rich....eh?

No capital gains/dividends/interest taxes encourage investment in America,

Seriously? I don't have the time to address this non-sense. If you don't see thru this........I can't help you.