If you both want both slices of the pie, hide your gambling habits by all means! You can get away with it, trust me, and don't believe those who say you have to give up one to have the other. Trying to convince your wife that gambling is positive +EV is no different from trying to convince a Muslim that Christianity is positive EV+. It just doesn't make sense and never will to her, get my point? Rather, learn to be crafty and play the role of an upright citizen and loving husband while you engineer deceptive ways to fulfill your innermost needs to gamble. It's not like you're cheating on her, so spare yourself the moral guilt. Tell her you have given up gambling for the rest of your life, that you love her too much to cling to your "selfish, recklessly immoral" habits and that you will never, ever break your promise.

Eventually, you will learn to be a master of deception, and even if you do get caught, tell her that it was a one-time thing and that it will never, ever happen again. I attended and graduated seminary, and I gambled all the time but never got caught. In fact, I would deliberately and emphatically deplore the evils of gambling, prostitution, and every other despicable sin out there, while enjoying all of these great, God-given joys of life myself.

That's just the way life is. It's all one big lie and hypocrisy. You don't shy away from it, or forfeit something for another. You simply mask and color that which is deemed inappropriate or immoral by others and carry a big, genuine smile on your face.